JOB TITLE: Waiting Staff
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive salary – dependant on experience
WORKING HOURS: Full time & Part time – 20 to 40 hours per week
The Dining Room is the main food service facility for guests staying in the hotel, providing breakfast and a three course Al a Carte dinner menu. Whilst lunch is not served on a regular basis, pre booked lunches, afternoon teas and conferences are catered for. The Dining Room is open to non residents for both breakfast and dinner although this area provides only a small part of our business. In its standard layout, the dining room can accommodate up to 100 guests, although this can be increased to 120 for weddings or other special functions.
Breakfast service consists of a cold buffet of cereals, fruits and juices in tandem with plated cooked meals. Dinner is plated with occasional silver service potatoes for functions and coaches.
We aim to maximise the satisfaction of guests and we encourage a relaxed but efficient style through a friendly staff/customer communication. It is hoped that the future will see a continuing increase in the quality of service provided by the dining room, work methods and training will be developed with this aim in mind.
THE ROLE: As a waiting staff member you will be in charge of greeting customers, taking orders, managing table allocations and serving excellent quality food and drinks.
You will also deal with any queries our customers might have throughout the course of their visit and strive to create a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere for people to relax and enjoy!
Key Responsibilities to include:-
• To attend to customers need providing a friendly and efficient service in line with departmental protocols
• To maintain a safe and healthy workplace, following all relevant health, safety and fire procedures
• To maintain the physical upkeep of the department through appropriate cleaning methods and systems
• To control and order stocks as and when necessary
• To undertaken any other reasonable duties as requested by your Head of Department or any other Management Team
• Ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, compliance with licensing law and cash handling procedures
• Processing payments from customers
• Ensuring the bar has sufficient stock
• Ensuring customers are satisfied with their meals and completing customer care checks
• Clearing and re-laying all tables
• Taking and serving food orders, maximising sales where possible
• Deal with customer queries in order to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
• Cleaning all areas once closed
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidates for this position should have experience but not essential, will need to be an professional individual with an outgoing friendly personality. Have the ability to up sell. Some knowledge of wines, spirits, malts and ales. You will be required to be a trustworthy, punctual, presentable employee with excellent attention to detail.
Are you the waiter/waitress we are looking for? If YES then please hit the Submit Resume button:
You will then be able to attach your CV, and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.