JOB TITLE: Barista
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive salary – dependant on experience
WORKING HOURS: Full time & Part time – 15 to 40 hours per week
THE ROLE: As a barista you will use a coffee machine to produce espresso coffee and make it into lattes, cappuccinos and macchiatos. You will also serve light meals and snacks.
You need good customer service skills and the ability to work well on your own and in a team. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, and you love the smell of fresh coffee, this job could be for you.
You will also deal with any queries our customers might have throughout the course of their visit and strive to create a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere for people to relax and enjoy!
Key Responsibilities to include:-
• Preparing the coffee shop ready for opening
• Taking customer orders
• Grinding fresh coffee beans
• Preparing and serving sandwiches and cakes
• cleaning and tidying work areas, equipment and coffee machines
• Creating displays of stock
• Stock checks
• Ordering new stock
• Ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, compliance with Environmental Health Food Handling and cash handling procedures
• Processing payments from customers
• Ensuring the counter is sufficiently stocked
• Ensuring customers are satisfied with their meals and completing customer care checks
• Clearing tables
• Taking and serving food orders, maximising sales where possible
• Serving food to the table.
• Deal with customer queries in order to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
• Cleaning and tidying the coffee shop before closing
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidates for these positions should have;
• Experience but not essential.
• An outgoing personality
• Excellent customer service skills
• To work well under pressure
• To work well on your own and use your initiative
• Attention to detail
• To enjoy working in a team
• Knowledge of health and safety and hygiene
Are you the Barista we are looking for? If YES then please hit the Submit Resume button:
You will then be able to attach your CV, and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.