Our Booking Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions detailed below apply to all online bookings at www.theglenriddinghotel.com
When you make a booking, your contract (which shall include these terms and conditions) will be with Assured Rest Hotels Limited Trading As The Glenridding Hotel, Pine Trees House, Glenridding, Ullswater, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 0PB (referred to in these terms and conditions as ” The Glenridding Hotel”). Contact Number: 017684 82228. Email email@example.com. Company Number 06037793.
All rates featured on The Glenridding Hotel Website are offered subject to availability, and The Glenridding Hotel reserves the right to refuse any booking for good reason.
All prices shown online are in £’s per person per night (unless otherwise stated) based on 1 or 2 people sharing a twin or double room for one or more consecutive night stays, except for certain holiday periods where a minimum 2, 3 or 5-night stay may apply.
All prices include Value Added Tax at the current prevailing rate.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
For the avoidance of doubt, your price does not include any incidental charges, which you may incur during your stay (including, by way of example only, in respect of your use of the room service, restaurant, coffee shop and the costs of external telephone calls from your room). Such charges will be payable by you on your departure and, in the event that you fail to pay any such incidental charges, it is a condition of your contract with The Glenridding Hotel that you irrevocably authorise The Glenridding Hotel to debit your credit or debit card (see ‘Deposits and Pre-
What the Price Includes:
Website prices include twin or double bedrooms (single room for single guests) with colour TV, direct dial telephone and private en-suite bathroom.
Please note the prices shown online are not valid in conjunction with any other offer and, until you have received your confirmation, are subject to change without prior notice. References to midweek rates are for Monday through to Thursday nights and weekend rates apply for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
Availability of rooms at the rates shown online may be limited and/or restricted to certain periods.
During major sporting events, social events, conferences and exhibitions, the same rates may not be available.
Superior & Lakeview Rooms:
On payment of a supplement, you can upgrade your accommodation to a superior or Lakeview room, on a per room per night basis. Please ask for details.
Single Occupancy Supplements:
Individual guests using a single room (where available) are charged the standard per person rate and single supplement rate, as shown online. When no single room is available, individual guests may book a double or twin room and pay a single occupancy supplement
Weekdays £25.00 & Weekends £35.00 per night.
We have a number of standard family rooms available for a supplement of £10.00 per night on any tariff. Larger family suites that feature a separate annexe room for children are available for a supplement of £25.00 per night.
Babies: Cots are also available at a supplement of £10.00 per stay.
Children’s Breakfast: Charges are per child per day. 2 years and under –
Please note: If a child is booked into a double room with one full paying adult the supplements for single occupancy plus children’s breakfast that are stated above will apply.
Car parking is free with limited availability. For further information on parking availability and charges, please call the hotel direct.
Checking In and Out:
Arrival and Departure:
Hotel rooms are available from 15.00 hrs on the day of arrival. Rooms must be vacated by 11.00am on the day of departure. Please ask for details of the arrival and departure times when making your booking
Early check-in and late check-outs may be requested but not guaranteed. A £25.00 supplement is added for an early check-
Those rates which include breakfast offer a full traditional and a buffet continental breakfast with tea or coffee. Those rates which include dinner offer a choice from the hotel’s al a carte menu. There is no refund for meals which are not taken by guests and lunch cannot be taken in place of dinner.
You can enjoy a swim in our indoor swimming pool, which also features a bubble seat and jet stream, or simply relax in the sauna.
If you make a booking direct with the hotel, you will be asked to guarantee your booking with a valid debit/ credit card.
Deposits and Pre-
Special discounted rates
New Years Eve Free Afternoon Tea Offer.
Book your New Years Eve Stay Before 1st October.
Free Afternoon Tea is provided when booking your accommodation and New Year’s Eve Gala, from 11th September 2018 to 1st October 2018.
Afternoon Tea will be served on 31st December in Lanty’s Lounge between 3 pm and 5 pm. Subject to availability. Afternoon Tea consists of a sandwich selection, Mince Pies, Cakes, Scones and includes Tea or Coffee.
No cash alternative provided. Please contact reception with any allergen or special dietary requirements, and we will do our utmost to assist you.
Full Prepayment charged to the credit card for the booking value at the time of booking.
January Sale Offer
The January 30% sale offer only applies to bookings made between 1st January – 31st January 2018, for travel between 1st January 2018 to 30th December 2018.
- The rate that is shown is the discounted rate.
- The rate cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or special offer.
- This offer is not available on existing bookings.
- Prepayment charged to the credit card for the booking value at the time of booking.
- The Glenridding Hotel will not refund the payment in the event of a cancellation or non-
Advanced purchase rate
These are reduced rates based on room only and bed & breakfast where bookings are made at least ten days in advance. The following terms apply to bookings made at these rates:-
- Full credit card prepayment is required for duration of stay
- Prepayment charged to the credit card between time of booking and day of arrival.
- The Glenridding Hotel will not refund the payment in the event of a cancellation or non-
- No changes can be made to the booking without the hotel levying cancellation charges of the full cost of the booking
Refund Policy on all other rates
A non-refundable deposit of £40.00 per person is required at the time of booking
Before the departure of the hotel, you will be required to settle your account in full.
The non-refundable deposit will be retained by the hotel at all times. If you cancel your booking within seven days of the arrival date 50% of your full stay is payable to the hotel. If you cancel within 48 hours of your arrival date 100% of your full stay is payable to the hotel. Cancellation charges will be charged to your credit/debit card
While every effort is made to fulfil any particular requests which you may have concerning your stay with us, we cannot, unfortunately, guarantee that we will be able to meet any particular requests which you may make and our failure in this regard will not constitute a breach of contract.
In the unlikely event that we have to change or cancel your reservation, we reserve the right to do so. However, you have the right to:
- accept the changed arrangements as notified; or
- make alternative arrangements with the Hotel; or
- cancel your reservation and receive a full refund of any monies which you have paid to The Glenridding Hotel in respect of your reservation (please note that we shall not be liable for any sums which you have paid to any other persons in connection with your reservation).
For the avoidance of doubt, we shall have no further liability to you for any changes to or the cancellation of any online booking.
The Company accepts no liability and will not pay any compensation where the performance of its obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, fire or failure of electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
Payment and Pre- Authorisation Policy:
On arrival at the hotel, all reservations will require a pre-authorisation with a credit/debit card to cover incidentals during your stay. If paying cash, a deposit to cover the total room rate plus £200 which will be returned on check out once any extras on your account is settled.
What is a pre-authorisation?
A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold of a specific amount of the available balance on a credit or debit card. The pre-authorisation is not a charge, and no funds have been debited from your account. However, your bank statement may show the pre-authorisation as a pending transaction. When you give us a credit/debit card, the pre-authorisation guarantees us that the funds are available to pay for any charges incurred up to the value of the transaction +15%
How much is a pre-authorisation?
The amount that we pre-authorise will depend on the number of nights that you stay, e.g. if you are staying for three nights at £100 per night, we would pre-authorise your card for £300.00 plus extra to cover any incidentals. This, therefore, allows us to give you credit around the hotel during your stay, for example in the bar, in the restaurant, room service.
What method of payment can I use for the pre-authorisation?
If no card is available then a cash deposit will be needed in line with the room rate for the stay plus £200 which will be refunded on departure after the account balance is settled.
When is the card pre-authorised?
All credit or debit cards are pre-authorised on check-in.
Who is responsible for the pre-authorisation procedure?
Elevon Merchant Services are responsible for the maintenance and management of the pre-authorisation process.
When does the pre-authorisation get released from the credit card?
This varies dependent on your individual credit/debit card. Upon check out your room charge and any extras will be charged to your card, this will appear on your credit card statement within three working days. However, if you choose to pay the balance with another credit card or method of payment we will cancel the pre-authorisation, and this should take a few working days to clear in your account.
1. We operate a zero-tolerance policy towards unruly, disruptive, violent and abusive behaviour towards our employees, hotel guests and other holiday makers within the area.
2. Unruly, disruptive, violent and abusive is seen to be, but not limited to;
Excessive noise, e.g., loud or intrusive conversation or shouting.
Threatening or abusive language involving excessive swearing or offensive remarks.
Derogatory personal, racial or sexual remarks.
Malicious allegations relating to members of staff, other customers or visitors.
Offensive sexual gestures or behaviours.
Abusing alcohol or drugs.
Wilful damage to company property.
Threats of violent behaviour.
3. If you are seen to be acting in an unruly, disruptive, violent or abusive manner we will terminate your booking, with immediate effect, without refund. We reserve the right to take any further action if you do not comply with our request promptly, in a reasonable manner and/or if the behaviour escalates further.
Complaints or Comments:
Any complaint or comment regarding your stay should be made in the first instance to the hotel’s duty manager at the time of your stay so that it can be resolved at the time.
Problems which cannot be resolved there and then should be notified in writing to; The Manager, Best Western Glenridding Hotel, Ullswater, Nr Penrith, CA11 0PB
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained online, we cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions, and reserve the right to vary, amend, supplement or cancel any of the information or offers featured online at any time.
The Glenridding Hotel shall not be responsible for any loss or damage which you may suffer arising out of events beyond its control or the control of its suppliers (including, without limitation, fire, failure of electrical, gas or other power supplies, strikes, industrial action, terrorist activity, technical problems with transport, illness of entertainers and bad weather), nor for any curtailment, cancellation or change to any accommodation, activity or itinerary or any other consequences which arise as a result of such events.
For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to attempt to exclude or limit the Company’s liability for the death or personal injury of any person caused by the negligence of the Company or its employees, servants or agents or to attempt to exclude or limit the Company’s liability in any manner which would be unlawful.
These terms and conditions shall be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which the hotel for which you make your booking is situated.
Personal information is private.
By registering or placing an order on this website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Information that we collect from you:
- When you visit, register or order products or services on www.theglenriddinghotel.com you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, contact details and credit or debit card information.
- We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from messages you post to the website and e-
mails or letters you send to us.
- To maintain customer service standards and to assist staff training, we may record and monitor incoming calls.
- Use of your Information:
- Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our website and to supply the goods or services you have requested. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your orders. We will also use and analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
- In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the website or our services. Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know by email about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
- You can unsubscribe
at any time online here.
Disclosure of your Information:
- The information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to third parties some of whom may be located outside the European Economic Area who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our website to third parties, but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- Where you have consented when providing us with your details, we may also allow carefully selected third parties, including other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by e-
mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
- Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
- Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Subscribing to The Glenridding Hotel
- If you subscribe to The Glenridding Hotel, then we will simply retain your email address, which will be added to The Glenridding Hotel mailing list giving details of new products, competitions, promotions and offers. If you would like to be removed from the mailing list, please unsubscribe
Security and Data Retention:
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
- All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
All information is retained on our secure servers.